Bee pollen health benefits boast a long history of use found in ancient Eygptian and Chinese texts, and mentioned in the Bible, by Hippocrates and Pliny the Elder.
Rich Source of Protein And Other Nutrients!
It is one of the world’s finest protein rich foods, bar none! It is considered by many modern health professionals to be nature’s most perfect and complete food source.
Coming in at about 24-40% protein (with 18-22 amino acids, including tryptophan, lysine, and methionine), studies show a rapid absorption rate of these “bee particles.” They can pass directly into the blood from the stomach about 2 hours after ingesting.
A great addition to a protein bar recipe, that provides a quick fuel supply.
Amazing Nutritional Value Provides:
- An expansive array of Vitamin B complexes like folic acid
- Incredibly high levels of enzymes - over 5,000
- Vit A, C and E
- High quality protein
- A source of natural lecithin -15%
- Contains essential amino acids - alanine, arginine, aspartic acid, histidine, glutamine, isoleucine, threonine,tryptophan, proline, glycine, valine, methionine, leucine, phenylalanine, cystine, lysine
- Trace elements and chelated minerals -calcium, iodine, selenium, boron, copper, potassium, zinc, magnesium, manganese, iron, phosphorus, sodium, barium
- Many phytonutrients like: pytosterols, carotenoids, co-enzymes and bioflavenoids
The Flower and The Bee!
Bee pollen is the male reproductive spore of the flowering plant. The bee and the flower have, for over 100 million years, developed a symbiotic relationship to provide for their survival needs, so both can live and thrive. The relationship between bees and flowers is intimately linked to the life cycle of our planet and this marvelous superfood is a source of this strong connection!
Bee Pollen Benefits As An Alkaline Food!
Bee pollen benefits the body as an alkaline food. Many people today suffer from over acid diets, caused by stress and poor eating habits. Bee pollen is a great way to get additional super rich nutrition and also balance the pH of the body to a more natural position of about 7.35-7.45.
When the body does not receive adequate levels of alkaline foods, acidic conditions occur, building up in the cell wall structure, increasing the risk of disease and other problems.
Additional Benefits of Bee Pollen:
- increases energy levels
- rejuvenates entire body
- stimulates vital organ functions
- enhances athletic performance
- builds muscle
- increased libido
- higher antioxidant activity
- immune boosting capabilities
As you can see, it covers a broad spectrum of nutritional benefits that make it a high intensity top superfood. Great in combination with maca root and many other superfoods like goji berriesand hemp seed.
Taking a daily dose of bee pollen is said to reduce symptoms of allergies to other local pollens floating in the spring time air.
A great superfood for pregnant mothers because of it is a rich source of folic acid. It is also an extra rich supplement to add to a Superhero kids diet!
Bee pollen benefits also as a natural source of lecithin and contains over 5,000 enzymes. The phytonutrients (such as co-enzymes, bioflavonoids, phytosterols, and carotenoids) found in bee pollen also number in the thousands!